Q: What is the mission of the Owatonna Huskies Bullpen Club?
A: See our About Us page which outlines our Visions and Goals.
Q: How do I register my child for baseball?
Q: I have not paid my fees yet. How should I take care of this?
A: All fees will be collected at uniform sizing nights:
- February 26: 6-7pm at OMS
- March 5: 6-7pm at OMS
- March 12th: 6-7pm at OMS
Q: What are the policies on playing time?
A: This is outlined in our Road Map. You can find a link on our About Us page.
Q: What is the Ramp Up program?
A: This is an initiative for every player in Little League Level 2 and U10, U11, and U12 that is part of the participation fee. The goal of the program is to improve throwing and pitching mechanics that will allow players to be more successful starting their season(s). For the upcoming year, we will also be providing mini-sessions on base running and defensive strategies. Each session will be approximately 45 - 60 minutes held at Dartts Park. Dates will occur after OHS Varsity practice and at times, OHS Varsity Games at Dartts Park. We are excited for another year of Ramp Up!
2023 Ramp Up Dates & Times are planned for
- Wednesday, April 19 at 6:00 PM *updated to 5:30pm*
- Thursday, April 27 at 7:00 PM (After OHS vs. Mankato West
- Thursday, May 4 at 7:00 PM (After OHS vs. Mankato East
- Wednesday, May 10 at 6:00 PM *updated to 5:30pm*
- Wednesday, May 17 at 6:00 PM *updated to 5:30pm*
Q: What is the Accelerator (hitting) program?
A: This is NEW initiative for every player in U10, U11, and U12 that is included with the participation fee. The goal of the program is to improve hitting mechanics and techniques for all players. All workouts will be held at Dartts Park in the evening. They will be facilitated by a lead instructor along with youth summer coaches.
For 2023: Workouts will start the week of April 18 for all age levels. One night per week pending weather.
- U10: 4/18, 4/25, 5/2, 5/9, 5/16 from 5:45 - 6:45 PM
- U11: 4/18, 4/25, 5/2, 5/9, 5/16 from 7:00 - 8:00 PM
- U12: 4/20, 4/26, 5/3, 5/10, and 5/18. April from 6:00 - 7:00 PM. May from 7:00 - 8:00 PM
Q: What is the Owatonna Baseball Academy?
A: One of the premier youth baseball programs in Southern Minnesota will once again be held this upcoming summer. The Owatonna Baseball Academy will begin Tuesday, June 6th for players in U10, U11, U12, and U13. The cost has been included in your registration fee. Each session will last 75 minutes at Jaycee Park. All workouts will be instructed by OHS Head Coach Tate Cummins and Assistant James Dahlgren. U10 - U13 will have a total of 5 dates/times that will conclude the 3rd week of June. We are excited for this new and improved program. The goal of the academy is to increase skill level, develop leadership skills, and simply - create a dynamic baseball atmosphere in Owatonna that all players can enjoy. We will cover a variety of topics including: hitting drill work, pitching mechanics, base running strategies, and defensive drill work. All practices for U10 - U13 will be at beautiful Jaycee’s Park in Owatonna. Players are asked to supply their own equipment and nourishment(s). This academy has been supported by the Huskies Bullpen Club and the Minnesota Twins the past 10 years.
*All time changes will be communicated via Sports Engine.
2023 Academy dates & times:
- U10 and U11: 6/6, 6/8, 6/12, 6/14, and 6/20 from 8:00 - 9:15 am
- U12 and U13: 6/6, 6/8, 6/12, 6/14, and 6/20 from 9:15 - 10:30 am
Q: What other baseball opportunities are there for my player(s) outside of the normal baseball season?
A: See our Camps page for a list of camps and opportunities.
Owatonna Parks & Recreation will be running Little League with the assistance from the Huskies Bullpen Club. Look for additional details and announcements from Owatonna Parks & Rec. Below is a brief overview of what to expect of the Little League program.
Level 1 (Current 2nd Graders) Program Information: Pitching machine league with emphasis on participation and development of fundamental baseball skills along with an introduction to pitching and situational baseball. Practices and Games – Monday and Wednesday (June and July).
Level 2 (Current 3rd & non U10 4th Graders) Program Information: Players will pitch at this level. This is intended to prepare kids for traveling baseball as well as continuing the development of fundamentals and the skills of the game. Practices and Games – Tuesday and Thursday (June and July). This level is also encouraged to participate in the Ramp Up pitching program.
Minor League (U10 – U14)
Q: What are some important dates to remember for Minor League Baseball?
A: See the 2023 dates below…
- February 19th: Online registration opens (pay at one of the three sizing nights with check)
- February 26th: Uniform sizing and registration payments/deposits (6-7PM at OMS)
- March 5th: Uniform sizing and registration payments/deposits (6-7PM at OMS)
- March 12th:
- Uniform sizing and registration payments/deposits (6-7PM at OMS)
- Registration closes. Late registrations are not guaranteed placement and will be charged a late fee if accepted
- April & May: Accelerator (Hitting) & Ramp Up practices for U10-U12
- April: “Spring Training” opportunities for 6th graders (U12)
- April & May: Kids First for 7th & 8th Graders (U13/U14)
- April 28th & 29th: U10 & U11 evaluations and all teams formed
- May 7th: Coaches only clinic (3:30-5:00 PM) & entire Minor League kickoff night (5:00 PM) at Dartts Park.
- May 8th Week: Practices start
- May/June: Practices, games and tournaments
- June: Academy (U10-U12)
- July: State tournaments if applicable
Q: What is the refund policy for the Bullpen Club for traveling baseball?
A: We will charge a one third of the total registration fee for any and all cancellations prior to evaluation. After the evaluation date there is no refund. All players are required to attend the evaluation/tryout. Failure to evaluate will result in placement on the lowest available team. Only exceptions to this refund policy would be injuries that occurred prior to evaluations, residency moves occurring prior to the start of the season, and any case-by-case hardship approved by the board of the Huskies Bullpen Club.
If you have any additional questions, please contact the Minor League Director – Nate Skala or Joe Herzog (contact information is below, or can be found on our Board page - click here).